Friday, June 29, 2007

He "Can't Fuck a Brain"

Just recently I had a conversation with a few guy friends about what men and women find attractive in the opposite sex. Not surprisingly, they ended up laughing at the fact that some girls actually find intelligence attractive in men. As animated as this conversation was at first, it turned out to be quite a frustrating one in the end.

Eventually they started mentioning names of people they found attractive, and it just so happened that I knew a few of those people so I openly acknowledged the fact that those girls were very smart too.

The response? I’m sure you’ve seen the title of this Blog entry, and therefore have no need to wonder what reaction I got. I give him credit for being honest at most.

It is hard to ignore the fact that people can be so superficial, and I do not only mean this about men. Why can’t people look beyond the physical and appreciate others for their perceptions or individuality, instead of constantly thinking about sex?

I’m not saying that I am not attracted by good looks or a great body, but what I am trying to say is that you can like someone for their physical and mental attributes. These things are relative, not absolute: meaning you can actually be good looking, charming, and intelligent all at once.

It's disappointing that there are people who are that shallow, or pretend to be that shallow around their friends. Hopefully nature ebbs the remaining monkey brain cells next time humans evolve. Maybe then people would start thinking less like animals.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahah they are still too immature to understand that... -_- kat. you have to talk slower. they cant cope up!!

and i think the things they are saying reflect them. "feeling hot guys with absolutly no brain cells what so ever because all their brain cells got fried from weed"
and another reason he says this, is because he is soooo single and hurt! hahaha >:) so who ever you are.... move on with your life.. *patting the guy on the shoulders*

Anonymous said...

shit. how babaw nga. how true about people not being able to look beyond the physical... *sigh*

those are the kind of guys we girls with class, brains and beauty are NOT supposed to end up with. part of the 98% of guys not worth taking a closer look at na. but u already know that all too well.

oh, and this entry is inspired by your "who i want to meet" in friendster huh? :p
or, a longer, more detailed version of it at least, where you spelled it out more.

you go girl.
keep up the good work!!!

and even though it's gonna be hard, you will find your man, who's part of that 2%!! i'm happy to say i have =) so it's not impossible!! don't give up! i'm sure he's somewhere out there and looking for you rin!

Bamboozled. said...

Hi my loves ♥

I swear this is the greatest, most adorable thing. I have friends to rant with, and who can rant alongside me. Haha

Unfortunately most of the men we meet have shit for brains. This excludes Ace, of course. Lucky, lucky Shelley (he's luckier though). ;)

There is someone for me out there, but I'm not really looking. He can find me. I'm tired of looking already.