Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The Future

I constantly wonder what will happen to me in the future. It bugs me that my life has no apparent direction so far. Here I go speculating again. As far as I know (and possibly a lot of other people too) we’re supposed to graduate from high school, find something we’re interested in to pursue in a university, pass all our classes, and then get kicked into the real world. Well, that doesn’t sound very fun at all, does it?

I feel like I’m venturing into the unknown. It’s thrilling in a way, but the thought of the real world never fails to scare me. I feel helpless, like somehow it’s going to be me against the world; and lately the world is looking particularly cruel.

Not that I don’t know what I want in life, coz I have a somewhat hazy idea of what I want to do for a living, but my thoughts seem more focused on what happens if I don’t get there. What do I have to fall back on? Everything else just seems to bore me. And mind you, I get bored very easily.

It's just absurd how things always seem to turn out differently from how we expect them to be. Nothing is ever really certain, and that takes away a lot of my sense of security for the future. Hopefully things turn out the way I'd like them to, but for now I can only speculate and work harder towards what I want... And hope that everything will be OK.

No comments: